This tutorial will help you set up Mozilla Thunderbird to work with your email account.
Click here to open the instructions in PDF format.
To Set Up Your Email Account in Mozilla Thunderbird:
1. Open Thunderbird and click on Create a new account.
2. On the New Account Setup page, select Email account and click
3. On the Identity page, enter the following:
Enter your first and last name.
Enter your email address.
4. On the Server Information page choose the type of account you have, either POP or IMAP.
If you're not sure which to choose, consult your Internet Service Provider.
5. Type your incoming mail server address in the Incoming Server field. Example:
NOTE: You may also be asked for your outgoing mail server; usually this is the same
server. If you don't know what your incoming or outgoing mail servers are, contact your Internet Service Provider.
6. On the User Names page type the user name for your email provider in the
Incoming User Name field. If you don't know the user name for your account, then
contact your Internet Service Provider.
7. On the Account Name page enter a name for your account in the
Account Name field. Example: Home Account
8. Now you will get a summary, check your information to make sure everything is correct. Click
9. Click on your email address under the Folders window and then click
Get Mail from above.
10. The Password Required dialogue box will immediately come up. Type the password to
your email account in the empty field. Click OK.
NOTE: You can also set Thunderbird to remember your password by selecting the
Use Password Manager check box. Don't save the password until you're sure it's typed
in correctly because it's hard to change once you've saved it.