Microsoft Outlook Express
This tutorial will help you set up Microsoft Outlook Express to work with your email account.
Click here to open the instructions in PDF format.
To Set Up Your Email Account in Microsoft Outlook Express:
1. In Microsoft Outlook Express, from the Tools menu, select Accounts.
2. Go to the Mail tab and from the Add menu, select Mail.
3. In the Display Name field, enter your full name and click Next.
4. In the E-mail address field, enter your email address and click Next.
5. On the E-mail Server Names page, enter your information as follows:
My incoming mail server is a
Select POP3 from the pull down menu.
Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server
Type pop.secureserver.net in the first box.
Outgoing mail (SMTP) server
Type smtpout.secureserver.net in the second box.
NOTE: "smtpout.secureserver.net" is an SMTP relay server. In order to use this server to send e-mails, you must
first activate SMTP relay on your e-mail account. Log on to your Manage Email Accounts page to set up SMTP relay. If you do not have SMTP
relay set up and your Internet Service Provider (ISP) allows it, you can use the outgoing mail server for your Internet Service Provider.
Contact your Internet Service Provider to get this setting.
6. In the Account Name and Password fields, enter your email address and password,
and then click Next
7. On the setup confirmation page, click Finish.
8. On the Mail tab, select the account you just created and then click Properties.
9. Go to the Servers tab.
10. Select My server requires authentication, and then click Apply.
11. Go to the Advanced tab.
12. In the Server Port Numbers section, change Outgoing mail (SMTP) to 80, and then