This tutorial will help you set up Windows Mail to work with your email account.
Click here to open the instructions in PDF format.
To Set Up Your Email Account in Windows Mail:
1. First click on the Start Button. Now type "Windows Mail" in the
search box and then click on the link to the program.
2. In Windows Mail, from the Tools menu, select Accounts.
3. On the Internet Accounts page, select Add.
4. Highlight E-mail Account and click Next.
5. In the Display Name field, enter your full name and click Next.
6. In the E-mail address field, enter your email address and click Next.
7. On the Set up e-mail servers page, enter your information as follows:
My incoming mail server is a
Select POP3 from the pull down menu.
Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server
Type pop.secureserver.net in the first box.
Outgoing mail (SMTP) server
Type smtpout.secureserver.net in the second box.
NOTE: "smtpout.secureserver.net" is an SMTP relay server. In order to use this server to send e-mails, you
must first activate SMTP relay on your e-mail account. Log on to your Manage Email Accounts page to set up SMTP relay. If you do not have
SMTP relay set up and your Internet Service Provider (ISP) allows it, you can use the outgoing mail server for your Internet Service Provider.
Contact your Internet Service Provider to get this setting.
8. In the Account Name and Password fields, enter your email address and
password, and then click Next.
9. On the setup confirmation page, click Finish.